Monday, November 28, 2005

Bill Moyers on Ken Tomlinson

Broadcasting and Cable runs a(n all too short) interview with Bill Moyers. He discusses his feud with the recently departed troglodyte hack, Ken Tomlinson.

What happened to the debate idea between you two?

I asked him repeatedly. He refused. He didn't even respond. But when all this started to unfold early last year, I asked three times to meet with the CPB board and try to find out what was going on.

I thought we could reason together and maybe agree on how to cooperate to protect Public Broadcasting's independence. I mean, I not only read the Public Broadcasting Act of 1967, I helped to create it. CPB's job was to be a firewall between guys like them and the producers, journalists, and content of public broadcasting.

I thought at the time that I was dealing with people who cared about this institution. I didn't realize they had gone over to the dark side.


Well, Tomlinson is gone from PBS, but so is Moyers. I think the loss is heavier on our side.

No comments: