Sunday, May 03, 2015

The science of Red Hair

Fascinating story, with some excellent links. I've had three surgeries in the last four years and I can sort of confirm the anaestheia thing. During both my cataract surgeries, they had to keep telling me to shut up, cuz apparently I was cracking jokes when I was supposed to immobilized. During my hip replacement, I woke up at least once. In none of the cases was pain a problem (until afterward, anyway! :) ) but the whole unconsciousness thing was iffy at best. I've always had a pain threshold which is actually problematic since I tend to ignore minor things until they turn major. So I can testify to the truth of at least part of the findings.I always just thought I was weird (oh STFU!!!) but apparently it's just my defective genes :)

No comments: