Wednesday, December 08, 2010

My Two Cents

Okay... here's my problem with today's 'compromise' on taxes/spending (I'll leave aside my rage at Obama for selling out virtually every segment of his base....) They're going to cut 'payroll taxes' (ie SS and Medicare deductions) for a 'tax holiday' and they'll make up the shortfall from general revenue (I've got this bridge I'd like to discuss with you if you buy that...) All this in the midst of a concerted effort (see the just dissolved Catfood Commission, which collapsed because the libs wouldn't sell out Social Security....) to screw over Social Security. So now, we're reducing the money going into SS and I FUCKING GUARANTEE YOU that in a couple of years, they'll start whining how SS is short of funds (which we just gave to the multimillionaires) so they can start cutting SS benefits and retirement ages. Argh!

No comments: