Friday, January 04, 2008

Race Question

I was listening to Sam Seder this morning and a caller called in to say that Barack Obama couldn't win the general because America just wouldn't vote to elect a black man. Sam objected vehemently, but neither of the arguments was terribly persuasive. From my viewpoint. I think Obama's 'blackness' will probably be a wash. The wingnuts will turn out to vote against an 'uppity nigger', but most, if not all of them, would turn out to vote against HRC, just because she's Hillary. One the other side, I don't think the Dem base will stay home and not vote, just on the race issue, and a lot of fence-sitters who might not vote normally, including a lot of the black population, WILL get out and vote for Obama because he IS black. So, like I said, probably a wash.

No comments: