Friday, March 23, 2007

Baloney McSnowjob goes in for Surgery

WH Spokesliar Tony Snow, who underwent treatment for cancer about two years ago, is going in to the hospital for removal of an abdominal growth next week. According to Snow, he should be back soon (so given his veracity level, start planning for a funeral).

When I heard the news this morning, I was instantly torn. The uppermost, 'nice' level of my personality was concerned and wished him well. The lower, 'gut' level (no pun intended) felt a surge of joy that karma works. My best wishes will be with Mr Snow, but they will always be slightly contaminated by a secret desire to see him get what he deserves.

Shut up! One of my parents died (pretty horribly) of cancer, so it's not that I don't 'appreciate' what Mr Snow (and his family, friends, etc) are going through. It's just that a very visceral part of me doesn't care and is shouting 'just desserts'; it doesn't mean that I don't sympathize- it just means part of me is profoundly human.

No comments: