Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Booze, Drugs, and Guns

Cheney is an older man with a LONG history of heart and circulatory problems. For these conditions, he must be on a veritable pharmacopia of medications. There has been much speculation today as to how whatever amount of drinking would have had interacting with these meds. No one has an answer (yet, anyway), but it is one more factor to consider.

I've had a bad back for several years and early on in the process was taking a LOT of medications for it (hey! I couldn't work, couldn't sleep, couldn't do much of anything, I had to have something for entertainment!). The few times in that period when I drank, I would not have wanted to drive, let alone hang around with a bunch of other inebriated fools with high powered weaponry. I'm not saying it affected his judgment, co-ordination, or reactions, but it sure as hell could have.

No comments: