Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Monday Roundup

I was busy yesterday with bf pre-celebrating my birthday (If I'd known I was gonna live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself!) so I missed posting on a couple of thing.

GORE

Ol Al gave a heckuva speech yesterday. If you missed it, go read it:

http://rawstory.com/news/2005/Text_of_Gore_speech_0116.html

ACLU Files Suit

Dont have the link for this anymore, but two groups, including the ACLU, have filed suit against the Shrubs over the NSA spying fiasco.

Speaking of the NSA Fiasco

The Times reports that, despite Bush's claims that it was limited, the snooping was MUCH broader than originally thought, and including spying on DOMESTIC calls as well. Despite it's breadth, however, the snooping has apparently been a complete failure. MSNBC also has the story.

Just When You Thought It Was Safe

Must be election season, again. A ranking DHS official gives an interview to a British paper and says a future WMD attack is inevitable and we should all be very very afraid (and of course, support the Preznit and the Repugs).

No comments: