Saturday, December 17, 2005

Related Note

While discussing John Spencer with the bf last night, I was forced to analyse my favorite characters on WW. Obviously Leo was a no brainer, and I guess my other fave would be Brad Whitford's Josh.

I realized at that point that one of my favorite characters was a minor character from the opening eps of season 1. Lisa Edelstein played a (very high class) call girl who spent the night with Rob Lowe's character and complicated his life for a while. It was a most interesting character.

I suddenly clicked to the fact that she's on another of my current shows. She plays Dr Cuddy on Fox's (so sue me!) HOUSE, M.D., which, like covering Cowboys games and 24, gives Fox an excuse to exist. House, for the uniformed, centers on a curmudgeon/asshole of a doctor, who abuses everyone around him, lies, cheats, and steals, while popping Vicodin and solving insoluble cases just in time for the news. It's actually a brilliant show and I highly recommend it.

It just surprised me it took me so long to realize why Edelstein looked familiar. Till I started thinking about WW characters last night, I hadn't made connection. Originally, I'd thought she was Andrea Marcovicci, but I realized she was too young (and then read the credits).

No comments: